Stripping The Van Inside
Before I could start doing any work on the van I needed to completely strip out the back of the van.
Removing the ply wood
- I started with the wheel arch ply boxes. These are held on by silicone around the edges and two screws on top.
- The walls had a metal rail in the middle that had to be removed first and then multiple screws in the ply.
- The ply on the doors were held on by silicone. I just pulled them straight off with my hands.
Removing the double chair
- Removing the chair was a simple job of just removing 6 bolts holding it down. I sprayed the bolts with WD40 first as they were rusty underneath the van. One bolt did put up a fight and had to be grinded off.
Removing the floor
- There was loads of screws holding the floor down but only half of them unscrewed, this was because the heads on the screws were ruined. So a hammer and a crowbar worked just fine pulling it up.
Stripping the van was a very easy and small job to do but it had filled me with so much excitement now that the van conversion has started.
Trip to the dump is needed I think
Next step, cleaning inside.
Enjoying my blog? Why not subscribe below and receive every update and follow me as my dream of travelling in a campervan becomes a reality.